- add to favorites
- Flavor: Orange
- Type of glass: Cocktail glass
- ABV: 24.13 %
- Year created: 1900
- Last updated: 09/12/15
- Added by
Recipe instructions for a Bronx:
To mix a Bronx cocktail use the following recipe instructions:
- Chill a cocktail glass with ice and pour it out when you are ready to pour the ingredients in the glass.
- Pour the gin, orange juice, and vermouth into a shaker with ice.
- Shake well and strain in chilled cocktail or martini glass.
Enjoy your Bronx cocktail!
- The Bronx cocktail was ranked number three in "The World's 10 Most Famous Cocktails in 1934", making it a very popular rival to the Martini (#1) and the Manhattan (#2).
Today, the Bronx remains a popular choice in some markets, and is designated as an Official Cocktail by the International Bartender Association.
Different sources say it had been invented, or discovered, by Joseph S. Sormani, around 1900.