- add to favorites
- Flavor: Coffee
- Type of glass: Shot glass
- ABV: 27.83 %
- Last updated: 09/16/15
- Added by
Recipe instructions for a B-52 shot:
To make this classic B-52 shooter (or B52), use the following recipe instructions by carefully layering each of the ingredients in order.
- Pour the Kahlua into a shot glass.
- Followed by floating the Bailey's Irish cream.
- Finish by floating the Grand Marnier.
- Serve with a stirrer on the side.
Enjoy your B-52!
You can "float" by pouring it slowly over the back of a bar spoon.
- The name refers to the US B-52 Strato-fortress long-range bomber. This bomber was used in the Vietnam War for the release of incendiary bombs, which likely inspired today's flaming variant of the B-52 cocktail.
The origin of the B-52 is uncertain. One school of thought is that the B-52 was created in the famous Alice's restaurant in Malibu, California. Another school of thought is that the B-52 was invented at the Keg Steakhouse in Calgary, Canada in 1977.
Rate this cocktail recipe:
Featured how-to video: B-52 shot
If you like the B-52 shot, you may also like:
More how-to videos: B-52 shot
- Recipe ingredients, amounts and instructions may vary in this video, so experiment and enjoy your cocktail!