Recipe instructions for a Bacardi Classic:
To mix a Bacardi Classic cocktail use the following recipe instructions. Only Bacardi rum should be used to make this drink.
Pour all ingredients into a shaker with ice. Shake. Strain into a cocktail glass.
- Chill a cocktail glass with ice and pour it out when you are ready to pour the ingredients in the glass.
- Pour the Bacardi light rum, lime juice* and grenadine into a shaker with ice.
- Shake well, and strain into your chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a cherry on a cocktail stick across the glass, and serve.
*We recommend using fresh juices whenever possible.
- In 1936, a temporary injunction to restrain a New York hotel and restaurant from selling Bacardi cocktails unless they contained Bacardi rum was denied. The company then won a permanent injunction at the New York Supreme Court later that year.