- add to favorites
- Flavor: Nut
- Type of glass: Irish coffee glass
- ABV: 1.43 %
- Last updated: 12/09/14
- Added by
Recipe instructions for a Horchata:
To make a Horchata will take several steps and 24hrs to make, but don't let that scare you from making this delicious and unique drink!
Stir in the milk, condensed milk, vanilla, and rum (optional if desired), until evenly blended. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
To serve, divide the ice cubes between four glasses, and pour the chilled horchata over the ice.
- Bring milk to a boil in a saucepan taking care to not scald it.
- Pour in water and add cinnamon sticks.
- Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes and then remove from heat and remove cinnamon sticks.
- Take 1/8 cup rice and puree it in a blender.
- In a separate bowl combine sugar, pureed rice, and vanilla extra, and add warm milk mixture.
- Stir well and refrigerate overnight.
- Strain mixture (recommend cheesecloth) into a bowl or pitcher.
- Add rum and garnish with grated nutmeg and cinnamon and serve.
Enjoy your Horchata!
- Horchata is a rice or nut based drink, with sugar and cinnamon. Horchata is popular in Mexico and Spain.