Black and Tan
Recipe instructions for a Black and Tan:
To make a Black and Tan, a mixed beer drink:
- Pour the ale into a pilsner glass glass.
- Float the stout on top.
Enjoy your Black and Tan!
You can "float" by gently pouring it over the back of a bar spoon.
- The earliest recorded usage of the term in the Oxford English Dictionary is from 1889, though an earlier origin of an 18th century blend is debated.
There are many variations to this drink, a few are:
- Black and Brown: Guinness poured over Newcastle Brown Ale.
- Black and Trash: Guinness poured on top of the American Budweiser lager
- Pennsylvania Tan: Yuengling and Guinness
- Black and Gold: Murphy's Irish Stout poured over Hacker-Pschorr Hefe Weisse
- Black Czech: Guinness poured over Pilsner Urquell
- Outback Black; Guinness poured over Fosters
- Blaxican; Guinness poured over Modelo
- Black and Tan Smooth; Guinness poured over Kilkenny