- add to favorites
- Flavor: Coffee
- Type of glass: Old-fashioned
- ABV: 23.67 %
- Year created: 1965
- Last updated: 09/12/15
- Added by
Recipe instructions for a White Russian:
One of our favorite, classic cocktails, and the Dude's, The White Russian. To mix a White Russian use the following recipe instructions:
- Pour Kahlúa and vodka into old fashioned glass filled with ice.
- Float fresh cream on the top.
- Stir in slowly, and serve.
For a lighter drink, the cream can be substituted for milk. Enjoy your White Russian!
- The drink is not traditionally Russian, but is so named due to Russian vodka being the main ingredient. The white Russian was likely created after the Black Russian (around 1950), with the addition of cream. On semi-unrelated note, the "White Russians" were an anti-Bolshevik group from the Russian Civil War. And now you have something to talk about while drinking.