- add to favorites
- Type of glass: Collins glass
- ABV: 27.31 %
- Year created: 2010
- Last updated: 03/29/15
- Added by
Recipe instructions for a Papa Ghirardelli:
To make a Papa Ghirardelli cocktail:
- Combine Encanto Pisco, Campari, Rosato, Benedictine and lemon juice in an ice-filled shaker.
- Shake for 10 to 15 seconds, or until chilled.
- Strain over fresh ice into a Collins glass.
- Top with seltzer.
- Garnish with a slice of orange.
Enjoy your Papa Ghirardelli!
- The Papa Ghirardelli is the official cocktail of of 2010’s San Francisco Cocktail Week, presented by the Barbary Coast Conservancy of the American Cocktail.
The Papa Ghirardelli cocktail is named after the founder of Ghirardelli Chocolate Company, Domingo Ghirardelli, an Italian-born man who moved to Peru and ran a successful confections business and, following tales of gold mines and potential riches, ultimately ended up in San Francisco. He went on to found Ghirardely & Girard (later changed to the Ghirardelli Chocolate Company), which has been in continuous operation since 1852. In his own way, Ghirardelli helped build and shape San Francisco, and his company has become synonymous with the city. Ghirardelli Square, which his company built, has been an official City landmark since 1965.