- add to favorites
- Type of glass: Cocktail glass
- ABV: 30.09 %
- Year created: 1870
- Last updated: 01/07/15
- Added by
Recipe instructions for a Martinez:
To make a Martinez cocktail:
- Pour gin, dry vermouth, maraschino liqueur and orange bitters into a shaker with ice.
- Strain into a cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a twist of lemon and serve.
Enjoy your Martinez!
- The Martini was born! Created in 1870 by "Professor" Jerry Thomas, using sweet vermouth, not dry, as is used in the recipe below.