- add to favorites
- Flavor: Orange
- Type of glass: Cocktail glass
- ABV: 22 %
- Year created: 1929
- Last updated: 09/15/15
- Added by
Recipe instructions for a Blue Lady:
Here's our favorite version of a Blue Lady cocktail. You will want to have your ingredients and accessories ready.
- Chill the glass with fresh ice and pour it out when ready to pour the ingredients in the glass.
- Pour the gin, lemon juice and blue curaçao in a shaker with ice.*
- Shake well, and strain in chilled cocktail glass.
- We recommend adding sugar to the rim of the glass.
Enjoy your Blue Lady!
*Some people chose to add egg white (optional).
- The original Lady was white, with a mix of creme de menthe and Curacao. In 1929, Harry MacElhone replaced the mint with gin and created a very popular cocktail. (source unknown)
Rate this cocktail recipe:
Featured how-to video: Blue Lady
If you like the Blue Lady, you may also like:
More how-to videos: Blue Lady
- Recipe ingredients, amounts and instructions may vary in this video, so experiment and enjoy your cocktail!