- add to favorites
- Flavor: Lime
- Type of glass: Hurricane Glass
- ABV: 21.59 %
- Last updated: 09/18/15
- Added by
Recipe instructions for a Banana Daiquiri:
To make a Banana Daiquiri use the following recipe instructions:
- Put rum, sugar, lime juice, banana liqueur, water, bananas, and plenty of ice into an electric blender
- Purée until smooth and thick.
- Pour into chilled glasses.
Enjoy your Banana Daiquiri!
- Daiquiri (properly spelled with an acute accent on the final letter ("daiquirí") and pronounced [daiki'ɾi]) is a family of cocktails whose main ingredients are rum and lime juice. There are several versions, but those that gained international fame are the ones made in one of the most famous bars in the world, El Floridita, in Havana, Cuba. The daiquiri is said to have been invented in Cuba in 1898, but the Banana Daiquiri, was apparently first created some 50 years ago at St. Thomas' Mountaintop bar in the U.S. Virgin Islands.